Hi, I'm a new member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Angie Es, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Angie Es

Angie Es New Egg

Jan 7, 2017
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My name is Angie, I live in Arkansas. Last spring I decided to have some backyard chickens. I was a nurse and injured my back, so I thought this would be something to keep me occupied. I had tried painting, learning guitar and just writing. None of that seemed to keep my interest very long. I have 6 chickens currently. I built the coop from scrap wood. We had to buy the wire, I ran into spending more money than I thought, I do intend on doing upgrades to the coop this coming spring. Nice to be meeting more chicken lovers .I look forward to sharing information and pictures, and meeting new friends here. I will post more pics later. Thanks!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Angie, welcome to BYC, and thanks for joining our community.

3. Angie Es

Angie Es New Egg

Jan 7, 2017
    Arkansas
    ks Broody, Nice to meet you!

4. Angie Es

Angie Es New Egg

Jan 7, 2017
    Arkansas
    I meant to say Thanks!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Angie, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our flock. Gorgeous birds! Sounds like your chickens have been very therapeutic.
    Thought I'd mention if you'd like to chat with fellow Arkie poultry keepers, find the AR thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Best wishes!

6. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Welcome to BYC, Angie. The birds in your profile pic are beautiful. Wyandottes? I got a blue Wyandotte chick this spring, and she has turned out to be so beautiful... just started laying recently too, so that's always exciting. Come back and check in on granny's thread next time you are on. [​IMG]

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Angie Es [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

8. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    Hello and :welcome! I hope you enjoy BYC just as much as the rest of us do! I'm so glad you've joined us here and good luck with the rest of your chicken adventures! :)

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You have some beautiful birds. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

10. pioneerchick816

pioneerchick816 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Welcome Angie! I'm from NW Arkansas and new to chickens too, this year. I have 9 and they are almost all laying now. They are very therapeutic I think [​IMG] You'll enjoy learning about all the different breeds from so many friendly people on here (I just joined in November) Enjoy your chicken adventure [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by