Hi! I'm A Newbie Here!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Melliebelle, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Melliebelle

Melliebelle New Egg

Sep 11, 2007
    Hello, everyone! I was recently introduced to your board as a new chicken owner, and I've just gotta say that I'm enjoying it tremendously!

We recently rescued a RIR hen that our neighbor left behind when he moved. She's the first chicken I've ever had, and it's certainly been an experience. Boy, is she mean!! She's sweet as pie to us human, but she's been terrorizing my chihuahuas, chasing them all over the yard.

Since she seemed lonely, we decided to get her some friends. Another woman close to us was selling bearded silkies, so I bought four of them - they're four months old, and cute as can be. They're also as docile as lambs, and spend their time loving up to my three year old, who's all ready to teach them to play the piano. [​IMG]

So, there's me and my husband, our two kids (10 and 3), our 5 chickens, two dogs, and two ferrets. We live in Loganville, GA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hi! I moved from Dacula in 2002 up to the mountains and my son and his wife live in Grayson, so I'm very familiar with your area. My dad lives in Lilburn. Welcome.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  3. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Yay! More chicken pictures! [​IMG]

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Welcome to BYC. This is a fun site, you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

5. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    WELCOME![​IMG] Lovely chickens! They look as soft as a kitty cat.

6. Bubba

Bubba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    Welcome Melliebelle!

You have some good looking birds. My buff silkie is my most wild bird, the only time he comes around is for food haha.

Bubba

7. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

This is a great site!!! Hope you are ready to form a real chicken addiction, though - we are all completely hooked and nobody here is going to help you quit!!!! LOL!!!!

Welcome!!

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Melliebelle! Welcome to BYC. This is a great site. Everyone is so helpfull...and informative. Oh, beautifull Silkies!

9. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Welcome to BYC from the other side of the metro area!

RIR"S ROCK [​IMG]

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Welcome!
    I have a Leghorn hen, who's Queen of Everything and a Silkie/Cochin mix who's my only ever Bantam and I just love to pat her.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by