Hi! I'm back! With 3 new babies.

JJchiknshak

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2010
wellsburg, Wv.
Hi! I lost my last 3 ducks last September. (New neighbor with a new dog... I think they try to let him run at night and didn't even think about it. And it's my fault too... I was letting them have run of the yard.)
It really sucks, because my one runner I had for almost 10 years. :(

Well, I acquired, no was suckered by the clearance ducklings at TSC. I got 3. One is a Pekin for sure... the other 2, I don't know yet. I think one is a chocolate runner girl.
20190321_171230.jpg

They are living in a tub in my bathtub, and the family is complaining about the stench. lol We are picking up a free A-frame style coop on Sunday that they will live in till I figure out a new, safer enclosure for them. Since I now have to worry about a German Shepherd. They are a bit more feathered out than this now. their chests are all feathered, and some showing up in other places too.

My questions are can I put them out in a secured dog house for a couple of nights? Till we get the coop? We have an old fridge shelf that we secure to the front of the dog house to keep them in and other things out. It's how I've secured other ducks in the past with no issue... and certainly not for the long term.. They were only in there overnight.
coopB.JPG

What I am worried about is the temperatures.
It's been a while since I had young ducks. So I just feel the need to check in.
View attachment 1719008
THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom