hi I'm crissy!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lividsorrow, Feb 8, 2015.

1. lividsorrow

lividsorrow Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2015
    Not sure where to start.
    I came from a huge city and had only seen a farm twice in my life, but they were so great of experience that I now own a few acres. I just bought a set of 10 hens two months or so ago and am now a crazy chicken lady. I just can't seem to turn any down. Their poor little chicken faces of the sad and neglected ones.
    My husband and I want more hens, lots more! But that will take time. In the mean time, I have devoted my free time to learning everything I can about chickens and have learned a lot. I will have dozens of questions I'm sure.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

How nice of you to rescue these birds! You have a heart of gold. :)

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Crissy. Glad you decided to our flock. Beware of "chicken math." Very few BYC members are immune to it. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of hens do you have?

4. lividsorrow

lividsorrow Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2015
    Thanks, I've read so much from this site already over the last few months and found it VERY helpful.
    I have a good laced wyndott, a silver laced wyndott, two arucanas, two americanas, two Marans, a black austalorp, a road island red. We have two roosters with that flock of hens, one is a frizzle Cochin americana and one I think is a creve ceour.
    We just got two more roosters for an upcoming flockof hens, they were abandoned at birth and grew up together hand feed and tamed by a local woman. we aren't sure the breed, but I posted the three unsure rooster breeds in the "what breed is this section". I suspect the two abandonees are FBCM mix with Americana, but Idk enough about chickens to tell.
    We are in the process of trying to figure out a coop for our new boys, and so we can bring in a whole new batch of hens for them.

5. familyfarm1

familyfarm1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 9, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Glad to have you join our community!!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You have some nice breeds. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Good luck with your flock.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Crissy, welcome to Backyard Chickens.

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined the BYC "flock".

It sounds like you have a lovely variety of birds! Good luck with them all.[​IMG]

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by