Hi! I'm Heidi!

Heididi

Chirping
Dec 5, 2018
San Diego County, California
Hi, BYC! Let me introduce myself. Among other things, I'm a master gardener and composter, teaching in public schools and community gardens, and as such I'm a total nerd, researching everything to do with growing food sustainably. So of course, when I decided it was time to keep chickens, I discovered BYC. What a fabulous resource! I have learned as much as I can about building my coop and run from BYC, and now I am ready to purchase chickens (between 3 and 6) and embark on one of my life dreams: to keep chickens and tie them in to my back garden permaculture design. I'm planning to experiment with black soldier fly larvae and composting to tie the chickens in to the broader garden system. So, it's time I join up as a bonafide member of this group! YAY!! I'm looking forward to nerding out with all of you chicken keepers, discussing best practice, sharing mistakes and fixes, and having fun! If you'd like to weigh in on my beginning chicken adventure, please do!

Hi and welcome to BYC. I’m sure your knowledge and enthusiasm will be a great asset to the site.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

EC304F2E-4F9B-4210-88CE-6A8F73631E20.gif
EDB81D80-7DDB-4EF5-AB5D-6A25A26E8D43.gif

Welcome to BYC! Don’t forget to check out the Learning Center. Have fun!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

Back
Top Bottom