1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi, I'm Karen and I'm a ..................

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, May 4, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Hatch A holic! I can't help myself! The eggs go in the bator, then the Hatcher , then the brooder and the cycle continues. [​IMG]
    I am proposing a new chapter of HAA (Hatch A Holics Anonymous)
    I am certain that there are more people out there that suffer from HAH
    If you suffer from this, please don't be afraid, Speak Up, we can help each other! [​IMG]

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    I'm afraid if you're looking for help you've come to the wrong place. Now if it's enabling you're after you've hit the jackpot. lol

3. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I think that BYC is the national chapter of HAA. Unfortunately, there's not really anyone here interested in helping you "kick the habit!" It's a dysfunctional kind of support group, but I don't think anyone is complaining.... [​IMG]

4. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Naw, there's no help for you on here if that's what you're looking for. Enablers? Yes! Need more hatchin eggs? Yes!
    If you only have one bator so far then there might be hope for your recovery. Other wise get another bator and some more eggs and suffer with the rest of us. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You don't have quite enough chicks just yet. You need to work on that too.

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I suffer from this too and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I just ordered some more jersey giants and silkies to hatch.

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    HA HA HA....... I have 14 mutt and Standard Cochin eggs in now, expecting Golden Phoenix anytime and caught myself browsing Ebay!
    Still wanting some Blue or Black Orpingtons (really want a Rooster)
    Who knows what the next round will bring????

I'm Karen, I have 6 Chickens in the coop, 5 brooders in my spare bathroom housing 16 chicks and 14 eggs in the Bator.
    Yes I'm a Hatch A Holic and I am proud!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by