Hi I'm New and my Chicken is Ill. Help!

afrod

Hatching
May 20, 2018
Actually similar symptoms have happened to other chickens in my flock the past year or so--all one at a time, never two sick together. They start by getting lethargic, sitting rather than walking around. I notice a messy vent. We clean it out as best as possible, separate them as well, but most times it gets worse. One led to fly strike and eventual death. This one I fear is on the way but I want to know why this keeps happening. Never to more than one chicken and always at least 2-3 months apart. See pics of current hen, a Barred Rock named June. Thanks for any and all advice!!

Attachments

• IMG_7955.jpg
    IMG_7955.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7958.jpg
    IMG_7958.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 4
Actually similar symptoms have happened to other chickens in my flock the past year or so--all one at a time, never two sick together. They start by getting lethargic, sitting rather than walking around. I notice a messy vent. We clean it out as best as possible, separate them as well, but most times it gets worse. One led to fly strike and eventual death. This one I fear is on the way but I want to know why this keeps happening. Never to more than one chicken and always at least 2-3 months apart. See pics of current hen, a Barred Rock named June. Thanks for any and all advice!!
ARE THEY ROOSTER OR HEN

Very rarely do I see any blood in the eggs. One in 50. We also have 6 hens total. Variety of types.

Very rarely do I see any blood in the eggs. One in 50. We also have 6 hens total. Variety of types.
I THINK SEPARATE THE SICK HENS FROM OTHER IF SOMETHING IS HANGING FROM HER VENT THEN CLEAN IT WITH WARM WATER AND IF YOU USE A ANTISEPTIC ON THE VENT IT WILL BE GOOD TELL ME WHAT KIND OF TREATS AND FOOD YOUR CHICKENS EAT

Thanks much. We feed them Organic layer feed and some organic scratch. Also scraps of green vegetables and fruit that we have on occasion (apples, berries). Trying to find out why this keeps happening.

Back
Top Bottom