Hi, I'm new... Fox in the Henhouse!

Nice to see neighbors on here. Doesn't seem like there are many of us around...at least where I am.

You will get lots of great advice and information from this site! Good luck with the chicks! They're really pretty, btw.

rir.jpg

The lone RIR

Maxpurewhitehen.jpg

My little pullet Silkie

attention.jpg

Pullet and Cockerel standing at attention since Alpha Roo made some noise and they froze. They stayed just like this for a couple minutes until he sounded off again. It was so funny.

miraclesmeanlook.jpg

Top Roo, Miracle

marvelroosting.jpg

This is Marvel, the white/silvery blue Roo

closerofmarvelcolor.jpg

You can see his coloring a little better here

mavelasbabyandgrown.jpg

This is him as a chick and at about 4 months

Quote:
Thanks! I know, it doesn't seem like there are many around here. I see them more North of Here or down near Georgia, but not here where we are. Nice to know you're around! What types of chickens are you raising?

grassisalwaysgreener.jpg

We kept the chickens separate for awhile so they could get used to each other. For some reason... the grass is always greener on the other side.
tongue.png

cometalert.jpg

Eventually one of the Comets squeezed her way through the bars!

watchthefeathers.jpg

They seemed to get along just fine, so we begin to really merge them although they tended to stay to themselves a bit, but are blending more now. The Silkies still stay below, while the others roost up in the top of the coop (they are separate areas).

Hope this was enough pictures... don't want to leave a bad impression my first day.
big_smile.png

Quote:
My friend who sent me the eggs said she was sure I could do it that way as she did, but I admit to being stressed out a lot! Still, I was very pleased with the results, just wished the last chick would have hatched out. She just died in the shell on hatch day.

Posted pics so you can see my little chicks, who are not so little anymore.

Quote:
Thanks! It's good to be here. You have a great group and I've already learned a lot by reading the posts.

Hello

Just wanted to say Welcome.
People here are real good with any questions you may have. Even some real Dumb ones I have asked.

Thanks for showing your pic's.

Dottie

Back
Top Bottom