Hi, I'm new here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CamillaRules, Sep 29, 2009.

1. CamillaRules

CamillaRules Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Hi, This is my first ever post and I'm kind of nervous. My name's Anne and Camilla is my very bossy Buff Orpington. I got her from a neighbor who was sick of her going broody on her. Since I had been hoping for the last couple of years to have a few chickens, I took her and got some fertilized eggs from the local college's farm center. So now there's Camilla, 5 black/white pullets, 2 roosters and a little black pullet I've named Lenore as in Edgar Allan Poe's poem, The Raven. [​IMG] They're 13 weeks old today.

I'm an admin. assistant, love reading, live in a log cabin in Western MA with my boyfriend, our black cat and 2 Newfoundland dogs. I have 4 grown children and 3 grandchildren.
    We converted the dog house into a chicken coop. Will post pictures elsewhere, once I get the hang of this. I've been "lurking" for a few weeks, gathering information as questions come up about the "girls" and I'm very happy to be here. I have found the answers to almost every question. I'm curious to know exactly what breed my chickens are, so I'll try to post a picture on that thread too.

Thanks for listening and hope to get acquainted. [​IMG]

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    [​IMG] Glad to have ya! The search feature can help you find posts that'll answer a lot of your questions. However, there are never any stupid questions on this board. We are a very helpful bunch who have a wonderful sense of humor. We can get carried away with ourselves sometimes, but it's all in fun. [​IMG]

3. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    [​IMG] Hope you enjoy this site as much as I have!

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Hello, and WELCOME to BYC from Michigan! [​IMG]

Sounds like you've been doing your homework, searching for information on BYC and other places - good for you! You'll never find a better group of chicken folks than BYC - hope you enjoy us here, and hope to see you posting often! [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Welcome, from way eastern Massachusetts! I love your screen name. My screen name is from my four rogue-ish Buff Orps. I thought they'd be sweet and gentle, and instead they are stampeding treat pirates.

6. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome and enjoy your chooks! I'm glad you were able to give Camilla a nice home where she gets to do what she likes... hatchin them babies.

7. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC from North Central Florida

8. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    [​IMG]

9. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

~*~*~WeLcOmE to BYC~*~*~ from SWVA!

10. fldiver97