Hi, Im New Member in Kentucky looking to make friends/connections.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Braclin, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Hi all. I have raised chickens off and on since i was a kid and have just recently got back into it as of April this year. I started out with 17 Buff Orpington chicks from Mt. Healthy. One died on me the next day but the rest have grown beautifully and fast. I chose the Buff Orpingtons because my great-grandparents raised them when my Granny was a girl. Nostalgia. So as of now I have added a pair of Lav. Orpingtons and a pair of EEs. I work as a server in a restaraunt, and its a very hard job dealing with the public, so my chickens have become a getaway. I think i'm addicted because I want more,lol. So heres a little about me and hope to make new friends. Have a great day!! [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello Braclin and welcome! It's good to meet another chicken lover! I've got 19 chickens now, and two BO hens, and I agree they are lovely. I think they have the softest feathers too. I started with three little hybrid chicks, and a small A-frame coop, and now I've got a small animal barn with the 19 chickens. LOVE IT! Such a great hobby--I work every day and sit behind a desk all day long, so I love everything about the chickens--love to be outside, love the chores.....love it all.

Anyhow, glad to meet you and I'm sure you'll make lots of friends, even some in your neck of the woods!

3. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    Hi,
    when i was a kid, i thought that all chickens were white! - sure have learned a lot about them since being on this site. i also really like buffs - they always look so full and fluffy.

lots of nice folks on here, and i am sure you'll make some friends.

welcome!

4. alaskachick

alaskachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Hi From Alaska and I will be your friend. I have 2 Buffs and they are my favorite girls.. nice and plump with thick feathers.

5. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] and hello from Indiana.great place to find friend that make you feel like family

6. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from south carolina / fla. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG], I will be your friend. I have a lot of chicks and chickens. I have a Buff Orpington roo, a Blue Orpington ( hopefully a hen) and a Lavender Orpington ( again hopefully a hen). I love all my chickens. I still can't get away from chicken math, was only gonna have 6 chickens total that was 2 yrs. ago, I now have uuuhhhh lets just say a lot. LOL. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there! It's so nice to meet you. I know what you mean about spending time with your chickens -- it does help melt away the stresses of the day. (hey, that's actually a good line -- sounds like an old advertisement for a "tonic", doesn't it? ! [​IMG]

9. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Quote:Thanks Chicmom ! Chickens are very addicting !lol Glad to meet you too and hope you stay in touch! [​IMG]

10. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] from Texas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by