Hi! I'm new to BYC, and I need help with chicken breeds! :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 3Dchicken, Sep 30, 2012.

1. 3Dchicken

3Dchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yeah, I need help with figuring out what kind of chickens these are. These are my neighbor's pet chickens, and they let me take a few eggs to incubate so I can add them to my first ever chicken flock! I was curious to as what kind of breed these are... I got the impression (from what I've seen online) that these are a mix between amerecaunas (sp?) or brahma bantams. The hen in the middle has feathers on her feet, but some of the other coloured ones (orange-y white and yellow ones) don't. Can someone help me on this subject? I'm going to keep the chick (s) no matter if they're egg layer or meat birds. :) Thanks. (They're probably a mix of some sort. Some of them were show birds at one time.) [​IMG]

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] I'm not even going to guess LOL They are beautiful though!

3. maidenwolfx80

maidenwolfx80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    It is hard to see clearly the first looks like a rose comb roo possibly mix. the The hen with the white tail is production red, and the little Fuzz ball with the hair doo looks to be a polish ...mix??? someone may come along that is able to analyze from those photos but it is alittle difficult,

4. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    [​IMG]
    i don't know either, but they look nice.

5. 3Dchicken

Sep 24, 2012
    Thanks! I can add a few more photos if it helps. :) They are pretty. :3

6. 3Dchicken

Sep 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here are some more pictures. All the hens and roosters don't have feathers on their feet, except the small brown/black hens. The youngest rooster (not shown) has what looks like a single comb, the black/brown hens have pea combs (?). I'm not sure what the other hens (orange and yellow ones) have for combs, but the older roosters have what seems to me to be a pea/buttercup comb gone awry. lol. Maybe that helps a bit? :)

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us. I'm not sure, either. You'll probably get better guesses if you post pictures in the What Breed Or Gender is This? section.

8. 3Dchicken

Sep 24, 2012
    Good guess. XD Some of them must be a mix of chicken breeds. The egg I am incubating Is a medium sized light brown egg- (kinda looks like someone shaded a light brown all over it)If it hatches, I'm probably going to put it on BYC :D

9. 3Dchicken

Sep 24, 2012
    Thanks, Weimarmama! I just figured out how to post things, (fail) so maybe I'll try that. :D

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by