Hi I'm new to BYC and learning all about my 3 chickens/hens.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SuburbChickens, Jun 1, 2016.

1. SuburbChickens

SuburbChickens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2016
    Hi I'm new to BYC and excited to learn more about the 3 chickens/hens that we are raising in our suburban backyard! We are relatively new to having chickens..especially at our home. Our daughter has been very involved in raising chickens at her HS this school year and raised 7 flocks. She purchased her own chicken 5 1/2 months ago, and raised her with the last 3 flocks at the school. Her chicken had to be re-homed 2 weeks ago when school was preparing to come to a close for the summer and she ended up at our home. The chicken bonded with our daughter and they are very attached to each other..she follows her around and the relationship is very fun. We purchased our first ever coop 2 weeks ago, and also bought two Wyandotte chicks so that our 5 1/2 month old Black Sex Link hen would not have to be alone - especially since she has always been around other chickens. We have 3 children and 2 small dogs also, and now our new addition of chickens. We are learning a lot as we go while enjoying our cute and energetic small flock, look foward to fresh eggs from our own backyard in our future, and look forward to learning much from this forum too.
    ~ SuburbChickens

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What a neat chicken story! Welcome to the flock!

1 person likes this.
  3. SuburbChickens

Jun 1, 2016
    Thank you!

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! How nice that you have been able to bring her home and that you have some friends for her. I'm sure she will appreciate that very much. The learning centre has some great articles that I'm sure you will find most helpful ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

This thread is also great for tips on keeping dogs and chickens together ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ckens-tips-for-a-harmonious-introduction/0_30

Good luck with your chickens in the future, I'm sure your whole family will enjoy those fresh eggs.

Enjoy BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  5. SuburbChickens

Jun 1, 2016
    Thank you for the welcome and the information!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I love stories with happy endings - Welcome to Backyard chickens

1 person likes this.
  7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  8. SuburbChickens

Jun 1, 2016
    Here's our now 7 month old hen. Isn't she cute?! She has such pretty coloring & is such a sweet natured hen. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are our two cute 4 month old chickadoos' also..getting big and now integrated with our 7 month hen!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by