Hi, I'm new to this site, so glad I found it ! :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by RaeLee, Apr 28, 2017.

1. RaeLee

RaeLee New Egg

Apr 28, 2017
    This is a Great Site ! WOW ! My "Girls" just turned 1 yr. old this mo. and we just LOVE them ! We get almost 3 Eggs a day ! They are SOOO Funny to watch running around the backyard...today I noticed some Strange Black Mushrooms growing on the side of a Straw Bale and wondered if my "Girls" were smart enough to NOT eat them.

QUESTION: Does anyone know What these are and if they are dangerous for the "Girls" ? (see pix)

More about me...we live in the country in Upstate N.Y. on 6 Acres. We've lived here for 2 yrs. now and are slowly reshaping our "yard", working on building Raised Beds for our Veggie Garden and planting Flowers. Next we'll clean up our little pond in the back.

Looking forward to sharing more pix w/you all :)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thank You for your input :)

2. King CreekRanch

King CreekRanch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2017
    [​IMG]

3. Abriana

Abriana Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2017
    my blue coop
    Welcome to backyard chickens! I just joined on the twenty sixth of April and already love the site. I have eighteen chickens. I also have a silver laced Wyondotte, she is about five or six weeks old. Her name is Blossom. I also have a gold laced, Coral. I have heard that chickens will not eat anything that they can't have. Maybe it would be safest to remove the bales just in case, or until you find out what they are. Have fun on BYC!

4. RaeLee

RaeLee New Egg

Apr 28, 2017
    Thank You for the reply...that's just what my hubby told me, so the straw bales are going into our big Compost pile. Do you have pictures of your chickens ? I almost got the Gold-Laced W. instead of the Silver, maybe next year I'll add them to my little flock of 3.
    ttyl
    [​IMG]

5. RaeLee

RaeLee New Egg

Apr 28, 2017
    TY :)
    [​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] So glad you joined us! I'm not familiar with the mushrooms, but like the other poster, maybe remove the bales? Have fun, and keep enjoying your girls! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by