Hi i'm new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickenlady48, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Chickenlady48

Chickenlady48 Just Hatched

Sep 19, 2016
    Chicago illinois
    Hello i'm new[​IMG] and I've never done this before so i'm just gonna start off with my flock so at the moment we have five chicks at about five weeks old two EE's (Penny and Fred) one silver laced Wyandotte (Marsha Mcswift) one Barred Plymouth rock (Roxy) and one Black Silkie bantam (Mumble) will be moving them into the coop next week! [​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads. This thread may be helpful to you at the moment - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-your-baby-chicks

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Howdy Chicken Lady, glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. If you have any birds you aren't sure of, you can post photos at "what breed or gender is this." Best to wait till chicks are 6 -8 weeks old.

4. thomas001111

thomas001111 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2016
    Welcome I'm a new person too I found the learning center a great place to look around and lots of great help here.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, chickenlady48, and :welcome. Pleased you joined our flock. Looks like CTKen gave you some great research links so I'll just say best wishes and enjoy BYC!

6. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens!! I hope you enjoy it and the camaraderie here and everybody that goes nuts over chickens (me being one of them....) Have fun! And ask questions! You have some good breeds!

9. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by