1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi I'm new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sheliaschickens, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Sheliaschickens

Sheliaschickens New Egg

Dec 13, 2016
    Love my girls and want to learn how to properly care for them. I live in the SAN Bernadine Mountains in California, in a little town called Running Springs. I have 3 girls and get about 1-2 eggs a day now it's winter here. Was getting 3 a day in the summer. I have one black Silky and 2 big girls that are beautiful and there breed starts with a W...whestlies ? (I think that's a dog)[​IMG]Not sure but they are beautiful and pick on the Silkie.

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I'd suggest posting your bullying issue on the "Managing your flock" forum, but please include your coop size (sq ft), whether you have a run (again, size) or whether you free range. Has the bullying always been present, or is it a recent thing? If you include these details, and any others that you think may be relevant, peeps will be better placed to help you out.

More generally, you'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  3. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Sheliaschickens [​IMG] Welcome!

The other chicken breed was not Welsummer was it?

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Maybe you mean Wyandottes. Silkies are generally picked on (like Polish) because they look so different. Keep an eye out for them bullying the silkie or keeping it away from food and water. Chickens can be very cruel. Put out more water and food dishes, so she has a better chance of getting some.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

7. RodNTN

RodNTN Queen of The Coop Premium Member

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

8. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick Premium Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and my warmest welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you decided to join the community and I do hope you will make yourself at home here! :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by