Hi! I'm new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rravenrose, Oct 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rravenrose

Rravenrose Chirping

Oct 18, 2019
    NC Catawba
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    Yeah I'm pretty new to chickens, my dad used to have chickens when I was younger and I've always loved them but I haven't had a chicken for years. I just recently got some chickens that kinda wandered into my yard, I've tried to find the owners but nobody has come to claim them so I figured it couldn't hurt to take them in.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    Two I don't know if they are male or female but I think I may have one male and one female, they seem to be extremely close.

(3) What breeds do you have?
    I have no idea but they're really cute, I was hoping to get this answered in one of the threads

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
    I'm not sure if I have a favorite aspect I've just always loved animals in general and since my dad had chickens they hold a special place in my heart.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I love to read, write, sing, dance and work. And other things I can't think of

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    My dad had chickens when I was younger, I used to love helping him tend to them. I haven't seen him in years now since we had a falling out but chickens still hold a special place in my heart.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I was looking up why my chickens hate me (one of the chickens charges me every time I turn my back and even kept chasing me away from the house this morning ) and I found this community, I figured I could ask all my chicken questions here since I don't know much.

2. BullChick

BullChick Enslaved by a Duckling

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
  3. Quail_Kid

Quail_Kid Songster

Jul 13, 2019
    St. Louis, MO USA
    W
    WE
    WEL
    WELC
    WELCO
    WELCOM
    WELCOME
    WELCOME!!!

:welcome

4. ValerieJ

ValerieJ Crossing the Road

Jul 24, 2016
    Washington State
    Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC! You probably do have a cockerel or rooster. That would be the one chasing you. He is telling you the girl is his. You can try putting their food down in front of him and letting him share with the pullet or hen. Do you have any pictures of them?

5. AltonaAcres

AltonaAcres Songster

Jan 13, 2019
    Welcome! :welcome I would love to see pictures.........

6. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    If one of them was chasing you, you've likely got a cockerel or rooster depending on his age. Pictures will help.

7. Ted_Harrell

Ted_Harrell Songster

Sep 23, 2019
    Pembroke North Carolina
    Yep, post some pics in the "breed/gender" forum and I am sure these folks can help

8. Ted_Harrell

Ted_Harrell Songster

Sep 23, 2019
    Pembroke North Carolina
    Oh almost forgot, welcome to BYC...:frow

9. Rravenrose

Rravenrose Chirping

Oct 18, 2019
    NC Catawba
    I can't get the best pictures cause they still don't trust me to well but this is the best one I could get. They're really cute

Attached Files:

10. AltonaAcres

AltonaAcres Songster

Jan 13, 2019
    The hen is a Dark Brahma.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: