Hi I'M NEW

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by magikchick, Apr 21, 2007.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Hi to all

I've been reading this forum and found it very helpful and friendly.
    I just got two bantams, they are just great. I love watching them.

I had been looking for chicks for a while with no luck. Everywhere I called said they would not be shipping chicks this year. My neighbor had a few and I went over to ask where they got them from. Next thing I know he gives me two!

My husband thinks I crazy the way I carry on about them, but thats ok. I'll get some pics and post later, I'm not sure what breed they are. They are just the cutest things.

Marsha

2. Sunshine Hen

Sunshine Hen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    Welcome! You're going to have soo much fun with your chickies! [​IMG] Good luck!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Welcome Marsha....You are officially....ADDICTED! [​IMG] Cant waite to see your new chicks....everyone here is so helpfull...glad you found this forum...its the BEST EVER!!

4. chickenmomva

chickenmomva Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    Welcome aboard!!!!! As said ........everyone is always helpful, glad your here!!!!!!

5. Mechanic1987

Mechanic1987 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Anniston, Ala.
    [​IMG] Welcome; you will enjoy BYC. There are a lot of friendly people who are willing to help.

6. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    Welcome looking forward to hearing more from you. Good luck with your new chicks show us some pictures when you can.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  7. buc

buc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    magikchick, I just joined yesterday, good to have you here.

I too am enjoying the newness of raising chickens and just starting to understand why so many people have talked about how enjoyable they are to watch and raise.

8. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome Marsha I've been a member for over a month now and this message board has brought more knowledge to me. Can't wait to see your pics of your chicks.

Jada

9. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Welcome majikchick and buc! [​IMG] If you go to your search engine and type in hatcheries in ___ (whatever state you live in) you just might find one near you. I just found one that is only 35 miles from me and being a newbie myself, it was like being in a candy shop! [​IMG] They also ship but it was so much fun choosing them in person. They all survived! [​IMG]

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Welcome...of course we WILL need to see pics of the little darlings...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by