Hi I'm new

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by evergreen, May 6, 2007.

1. evergreen

evergreen New Egg

May 4, 2007
    North Dakota
    First time here. Love it!!!! Just hatched two chicks under BigMama- alas lost one - bought a hen and chicks at auction yesterday so gave some of her chicks (little mama & the chicklets) to BigMama and everyone's happy. Also bought 3 ducklings and my old mama cat Purrty adopted them. never a dull moment here. Idon't have time to come here often but will check in when I can.[​IMG]

2. Oaknim

Oaknim Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Sylvia, KS
    Welcome to BYC - I'm slightly new myself, but you'll find a lot of friendly and helpful folks on here! Don't be afraid to ask or share. I hear rumours of a chicken addict program now and then, though I know everyone on here is an enabler and will admit it! That's the first step you know...admitting you DON'T have a problem! [​IMG] ~ Oaknim

3. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Welcome Evergreen. Once you have bored all your family and friends to death talking about your chickens, remember, you can always come here. We never get tired of chicken chat.[​IMG]

4. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
    Hi Evergreen [​IMG]

Most of the people here (myself included) are like drug pushers. Only we don't push drugs, we push chickens lol.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Welcome Evergreen!

6. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Us enablers and chicken pusher? .....NEVER! [​IMG] We really are happy you've come aboard to join us Evergreen, in the never-ending entertainment of chickenhood. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. gracie47

gracie47 New Egg

May 8, 2007
    okla
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] hi im new too i have two ducks a male and a female and two banties one rooster and a hen the chickens are real small so i am keeping them in a dog carrier for until they grow i am trying to find out what kind of coop i can get for them since their is only two and they dont get very big.

8. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Welcome Aboard!!! I have been at BYC for 5 years now and it's an awesome place. Im sure youll love it here!
    ttyl
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. evergreen

evergreen New Egg

May 4, 2007
    North Dakota
    Hi again I have 72 eggs in incubators - oh make that 71 daughter cracked one this morning - should get buff oringtons and anacanas not sure about the spelling. we opened the cracked one and checked it against our book and it was forming right. A real good book on hatching can be bought from 4-H county services for about $4 We bought the eggs at an auction so not quite sure what we'll get. Wanted some different colored eggs.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by