1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi, I'm new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KaraG, Oct 11, 2011.

1. KaraG

KaraG Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2011
    Hi! I just joined this site and got 10 chicks about 2 months ago for egg laying and entertainment. I also have 1 husband, 2 kids, 4 dogs, and just recently my guppies had about 30 fry! The best part about them is that I love watching them gobble up stink bugs... I'm not sure yet how many are roosters. I got them from a small local farm, where the owner told me that she thought that they were easter eggers, barred rocks and ??? I'm not sure what they all are and am hoping that if I post some pics, that some of you can help me identify them. I think that 3 (maybe 4) are barred rocks, 3 are yellowish colored easter eggers, and there's 3 that I'm not sure -- a mostly pure black one, a gray one with some specks that kind of reminds me of a pigeon, and a black one with golden/lacy looking coloring around his/her neck... I'm looking forward to learning more! [​IMG]

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. dsquawker

dsquawker Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Bluegrass State
    Wow sounds like you've got a house full. We use to have guppies, mollies, and platies and loved watching them give birth to their fry and loved having a tank - better than television. Anyway, welcome to the BYC forum. You'll learn tons here and we all love photos. The easiest way is to paste the page source of the photo directly from facebook. But, anyway, we look forward to helping you identify your chickens. Angela (dsquawker)

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

5. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from FL!

6. Spud Chicken

Spud Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    Idaho
    [​IMG][​IMG] from Idaho glad you joined.

7. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

SW PENNSYLVANIA SAYS WELCOME ABOARD!! [​IMG]

8. PrairieGirl1

PrairieGirl1 New Egg

Oct 11, 2011
    I'm going to get some chicks in the spring - I can't wait! Good luck with your little ones [​IMG]

9. petejd

petejd Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2011
    Bluffton, SC.
    [​IMG] from South Carolina. [​IMG]

10. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from a very soggy NC!
    You''re gonna love it here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by