Hi! I'm new!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FuryanGoddess, Apr 10, 2012.

1. FuryanGoddess

FuryanGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    PA
    My names Tracy and today is the first day of my chicken raising. I got 6 peeps. 4 White Leghorn pullets and 2 Red hybrid of some sort from a straight run. I sure hope I got two more hens :D We named the two red ones, one is Ginger, cause she's the darkest and the other one is Buffy because she/he is puffing her chest out lol. As for the Leghorn girls... well... they all look the same right now. One's kinda smaller, but that's it.

They're doing good now.. peeping and scratching away.

This is my very first time around chickens and I'm so excited. I have three kids, a GSD and a husband. We are going to use an old play house for our coop, just need to have it cut down and moved.

I have a few questions, like should the run be covered w/ wire and stuff like that, but that can come later... I just wanted to say HI and I'm excited! I've been wanting to do this for a few yrs and have checked this site out a lot. I finally talked my husband in to it. It was a hard job. ...

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

4. emptynester

emptynester Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Beaufort, SC
    Hello Tracy and welcome to BYC from SC! I remember the discussions it took to convince my husband to let us get our first chickens. But, years later, we still have them and my husband has his favorites as well. This site is a wonderful resource for finding answers to all your questions and you will meet lots of wonderful people and make plenty of friends along the way. I swear chicken people are some of the nicest people you will ever meet!

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Congrats on your chicks and good luck [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. My chicken's run is covered with a heavy duty net because of hawk killing them right in the pen. :mad:

8. FuryanGoddess

FuryanGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    PA
    Yeah, I think I'll have to use a net too. I've seen some hawks around here and I hear racoons and smell skunks in the summer. No one's touchin' my girls... I hope :D

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Tracy! You've come to the right place! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us!

10. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by