1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi! I'm new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jessyfromdenver, Dec 15, 2012.

1. jessyfromdenver

jessyfromdenver Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2012
    Thornton CO
    Hello everyone!
    I'm an aspiring urban homesteader who currently lives in a suburb with a somewhat lame HOA. We dream of some day owning chickens and goats but it probably won't happen while we live in this home. However, my husband and I are looking into raising coturnix quail, so for now I joined for those boards. I look forward to making friends and learning here!

2. TheSpeckledRoo

TheSpeckledRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2012
    Michigan
    Hello, it is nice to meet you! They wont allow you to have chickens where you live? You don't have to have a rooster in your flock to get eggs. Roosters make all the noise in my experience. A lot of people from the big cities think that chickens are really loud and smelly, but this is not the case. Best of luck to you!

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  5. Sally8

Sally8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2011
    Hornby,NY
    [​IMG] Welcome from New York. You can make lots of friends here and there is so much to learn on here. I'm glad you joined.

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

7. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. jessyfromdenver

jessyfromdenver Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2012
    Thornton CO
    Yeah, the HOA ordinance says "no live stock", And the HOA president lives next door to us, so I don't think chickens will fly (no pun intended). I know there's a rouge bee keeper down the street from us, but they live far enough away they don't get busted. The HOA president freaked out enough over us having our daughter at home. Lol.

10. JacquiJ

JacquiJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2012
    [​IMG] Welcome! We technically aren't supposed to have chickens either. We only have two and keep them in our basement/garage and only let them outside when we are out with them. Our neighbors thought we were crazy at first, but now they are cool with them since they don't smell or make any noise that they can hear! The neighborhood kids love coming over to hold our silkie girl!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by