Hi! I'm new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by leahpiah, Sep 18, 2013.

1. leahpiah

leahpiah Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2013
    Stone Mountain, Georgia
    Hey Y'all! I'm new here and haven't had chickens since I was a little bitty kid. I have 3 pullets- one black copper maran, one blue maran and one buff and blue x. My buff and my black maran should be laying soon...my blue isn't quite there yet.

I also have 3 Americauna chicks still in a brooder box inside the house. They're like pre-teens now, driving me nuts, but not yet able to hang out with the big kids.

In addition to the chicken craziness, we have 2 dogs- my beautiful boy Luke, a blue merle Australian Shepherd, my hubbys annoying little Chihuahua, Penelope; 2 guinea pigs, Rupert and Fat Hendrie, and Speedy the Beta fish.

I am married with 2 kids I birthed, 4 and 14, guardians of another kiddo, 3, and extra mom to a whole slew of other people's kids. We live in a chicken-unfriendly area, however our backyard is in a chicken friendly county! Yippee for me, my birds are residents of a chicken friendly county, whereas my house and front yard is not. I work part time (for a few more days at least) and homeschool my kiddos. Yep, I'm THAT crazy lady.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] You are in a non-chicken zoned area and your hens are in a chicken zoned area? How on earth did you pull that off? I love it!

3. leahpiah

Aug 13, 2013
    Stone Mountain, Georgia
    luck of the draw I guess. my property sits on 2 counties. the back has 37feet in Dekalb county so that's where the birds live. yippee for me!

4. chickenfreak101

chickenfreak101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    Leesburg, FL
    [​IMG] Hi!

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] glad it works out so you can have chickens.

7. leahpiah

Aug 13, 2013
    Stone Mountain, Georgia
    my friend had a visit by code enforcement today and she has to get rid of her girls. I'm sad for her. apparently, there was some neighbor drama. Geez. Has me a little concerned for my girls. I guess I need to ply my neighbors with fresh eggs and cakes made from said fresh eggs for a while. Just in case...even though my chickens live in a different county, who wants to fight that fight if they don't have to? Gwinnett county is so chicken unfriendly :(

8. Teri Metcalf

Teri Metcalf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    College Station, Texas
    Welcome from College Station, Texas. I'm impressed you even have time to come up for air!

9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! That is awesome that your yard is in two counties, great loophole!

10. leahpiah

Aug 13, 2013
    Stone Mountain, Georgia
    lol! I love this crazy life!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by