1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi! I'm new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MayoShawna, Oct 21, 2013.

1. MayoShawna

MayoShawna Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2013
    Lizana Mississippi
    New here and new at chickens! But I've got six acres so why waste them?! Looking forward to learning from y'all and having some fine feathered friends!
    I currently have 1 little chick and she is sweet as can be. I have no clue what she is. I would guess Mixed Breed and somewhere around 8 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

Shawna Mayo
    Lizana, MIssissippi

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] That's a lovely little thing. You should get her a friend or 2 for company though. Chickens are social creatures and much happier with company of their own kind. Enjoy the site!

3. Mehjr10

Mehjr10 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Moscow, TN
    Welcome to BYC from West TN !

4. CraziChic

CraziChic Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2013
    In the Middle of Nowhere
    [​IMG]

5. MayoShawna

Oct 20, 2013
    Lizana Mississippi
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been trying to find Fluff some friends but no one local has any that are around her size right now. Well, one guy does but I'm not a particular fan of Silkies. I really am trying though! I know my little Fluff is lonely! :(

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    You could get her a friend that is a bit younger or older than her. Chicks of different ages usually get along very well. It's when they grow up that they get full of nonsense! I hope you find her a friend soon. She'll be so happy!

7. MayoShawna

Oct 20, 2013
    Lizana Mississippi
    Yeah, sadly the only ones I have been able to find are either itty bitty chicks or fully grown. And I don't have power to my coop so I can have itty bitties. :( up shot is it never gets too terribly cold here but I still think the cool fall nights would be too much for a baby.

8. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Welcome! Glad you joined BYC! You could look on here for some chickens in the Buy~Sell~Trade forms :~D

9. MayoShawna

Oct 20, 2013
    Lizana Mississippi
    Yay! I may have found some chicks about an hour away from me. I am going to check it out after work today :)

10. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] and let us know!

RobertH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by