hi I'm Nick. I have a chicken that appears sick

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nick bulger, Mar 5, 2017.

1. nick bulger

nick bulger Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2017
    Portsmouth,va
    So I've been checking out backyard chickens for a while now and I've gotten a lot of good information from it. I decided to officially join today because I have a chicken that's acting funny and I'm at a loss as to what to do and or what's wrong with it. She's just been hanging out in the corner of the yard for a couple with her head and tail down. Her eyes look good it doesn't seem like she's got any kind of diarrhea doesn't appear to be egg bound. He's eating and drinking but not like everybody else is. Her crop seems fine at least it feels the same as everybody else's does. I brought her inside this morning and she ate 10 mil worms and some bread soaked up with milk. She was very interested in the food. I just don't know what to do because I don't know what's wrong.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Nick, sorry to hear your girl isn't acting her usual. The best place to get some help for her would be on the ER forum:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

I hope they can give you some assistance, that's a pretty helpless feeling when you aren't sure what's wrong with them. In the meantime, I would suggest removing her from the rest of the flock so they don't bother her (or something spreads).

Good luck to you!

3. nick bulger

nick bulger Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2017
    Portsmouth,va
    Thank you I will check that out but I can't seem to figure out how to post a new thread in th thank you I will check that out but I can't seem to figure out how to post a new thread in them from my phone. I'll have to go to the desktop later

4. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Sorry Nick, I've never tried to use BYC from anything other than my desktop computer. Maybe another greeter will come along that can address your posting issue.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Nick, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Thanks for joining BYC!!

6. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC Nick! Glad you joined us! :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you NIck. I don't have a cell phone so can't help you there. I know that many members use them - hopefully they will see your post and respond.[​IMG]

8. Jiffyrocks

Jiffyrocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2017
    Louisville KY
    To start a new thread on mobile - pick a topic- click into it- and then on the above right side of the screen is this arrow thing and when you click it you have the option to start a new thread.

9. chicken crazy11

chicken crazy11 Just Hatched

Mar 5, 2017
    Yes up in the right-hand corner you'll see an arrow pointing to the right tap that and it will give you a choice to post a new post or do other things.

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Nick [​IMG] Welcome!

I see that you have been pointed in the direction of the ER Forum and had your mobile question answered so I will just wish you and your hen all the best.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by