Hi! I'm Peaches2 :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Peaches2, May 14, 2016.

1. Peaches2

Peaches2 Out Of The Brooder

Hi there,

I've just got back into my chicken hobby after about 10 years. They were interesting and fun as I recall. My husband has already asked me if I want him to bring my meals out to the coop. I could sit and watch them for hours [​IMG] Am I obsessed[​IMG]

Hope to learn lots of good stuff here. From what I have read so far, there are a lot of folks in the know giving out good information.

I am particularly interested in Silkies and I have a small flock of Golden Laced Wyandotts.

Talk to y'all again soon,

Peaches2

2. lcertuche

lcertuche Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Peaches, I'm Linda. I too have just got back into chicken raising. They are so much fun to watch!

3. Peaches2

Peaches2 Out Of The Brooder

Hi Linda,
    Nice to meet you[​IMG].
    Since I'm new here, I guess I will have to look around a bit. Right now, I'm sort of lost and just stumbling through the different threads looking for more useful information.
    I purchased six white silkie chicks about seven weeks ago and I have enjoyed so much watching them grow and change. They are such gentile birds and what personalities [​IMG]! I got the Wyandot's a week or so before the silkies and they are growing into lovely birds. Still unsure of sexes but something tells me they may be mostly hens. (I hope!)

Good to hear from you Linda and i'm sure we'll chat again.

Regards,
    Peaches2

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us over here!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Peaches - glad you joined us at Backyard Chickens. There are several silkie threads but, my favorite is the "Silkie thread." put in search box and it will pop up.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by