Hi I'm Shannon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shannonq88, Jun 15, 2016.

1. shannonq88

shannonq88 Just Hatched

Jun 14, 2016
    Hello,

I am still kind of new to the chicken world. I have a 1 year old group of 8 chickens. I just added another group of 7 chickens and I have a group of 6 chickens on the way! I am always up for new tips and information on how to raise chickens! Please share advice with me.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Shannon and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us. It seems like chicken maths has got you good and proper [​IMG]. We're a friendly bunch, so feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!

Definitely follow the link to our Learning Center that CTKen has left for you...all kinds of great articles that will help you with raising and keeping your flock.

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our roost! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Shannon, sounds like you caught the chicken addiction - what breeds do you have? When they are 6 weeks old you could post photos at "what breed or gender is this." If you need them sorted out.

6. shannonq88

shannonq88 Just Hatched

Jun 14, 2016
    I have 14 golden comets, 1 rhode island red, 3 new hampshire reds and 3 bantams. 2 bantams are def roosters i just found out and someone said my one new hampshire red could be a rooster even though it doesnt crow. I was going to look at their feathers to see if I could tell a little easier.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by