1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi! Indiana.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aamchiesten, Feb 7, 2017.

1. aamchiesten

aamchiesten New Egg

Feb 7, 2017
    Hi everybody! My name is Chiesten. I'm from Indiana, born and raised. Two years ago I moved in with my boyfriend after one year of dating. We're still happily in love and for right now our chickens are our babies. We got our first chickens after moving in and fell in love with it. Unfortunately we didn't research anything before getting them so we just rolled with it. We got our eggs and played with our "babies." We threw a coop together and it's worked well and kept them all safe. We've learned a lot and are always learning more. We plan on having chickens forever and so for Christmas one of my boyfriends presents to me was a promise to build my dream coop whatever it was. After lots of combing the Web and books I've found it! I'm in love with it! The only problem is we can't find any plans for it. I've heard great things about this site but never looked into it. I've also heard that almost any question I can come up with can be answered by somebody. Please help me. This is the coop.

[​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. The best place to begin would be the Coops, at the top of the page. The Coops and Runs forum is also a good place to take a look at and maybe post your question there.

Good luck
    CT

1 person likes this.
  3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

1 person likes this.
  5. aamchiesten

aamchiesten New Egg

Feb 7, 2017
    Thank you!

6. aamchiesten

aamchiesten New Egg

Feb 7, 2017
    [​IMG]

7. aamchiesten

aamchiesten New Egg

Feb 7, 2017
    Thank you!

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Chiesten [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and a link to coops, I will just wish you and your flock all the best!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    That name is very common to me. I am sure I have seen that coop on BYC. Have you checked out the coops section - many people describe their build from start to finish,. Try putting "The Egg Plant coop." in the search box and see if it comes up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by