hi just want to ask a question

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by steph90, Apr 15, 2012.

1. steph90

steph90 New Egg

Apr 15, 2012
    nsw australia
    HI, I HAVE 6 ISA BROWN CHICKENS IN MY PEN AT THE MOMENT AND WOULD LIKE TO GET ABOUT 4 OR 5 SILKIE CHICKENS DO YOU REKON MY ISA BROWNS WILL ACCEPT NEW CHICKENS IF I GET SOME AND ANY IDEAS ON LOOKING AFTER SILKIES AS I AM NEW TO CHICKEN KEEPING THANKS STEPH.

2. nanaluvsgps

nanaluvsgps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2012
    Australia
    We have three RIR's and two Silkie bantams Bangle and Blondie :) The old hens don't really fancy the new comers, so we built a seprate coop for them (used and old dog kennel and put a peice of wood for them to perch on). give them time to work out the peking order and they would do ok I guess (we don't have time because it's going into winter and if they do get kicked off the perch they could get quite cold an catch a bug, ecspecially in nsw with all the wet weather). But they are truly the best pet, they bring you so much joy because they are the cutes, cheekiest little critters. We spoielt ours as babies now we have to carry them to bed every night. I highly reccomend you go along with the purchase. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by