hi let me introduce myself

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stan n Gobbles, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Stan n Gobbles

Stan n Gobbles New Egg

Dec 30, 2014
    Hello all and thanx for having me.

I'm Peter, 30 from Liverpool Uk
    Proud owner of 2 bantam roosters who live on the back of my couch.
    gobbles is a Brahma bantam. Stan is a bantam silkie (cute as hell but docile). I am after some advice on how to stop em from crowing as much as they do when I'm out as they live indoors and neighbours just had a kid

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

3. BayBay Peepers

BayBay Peepers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 5, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Welcome to BYC! I've heard of a collar that may help with crowing, but I'm not exactly sure how effective it is. I'm not convinced there is a way to get a rooster crow less, it's just what they do :)

4. Stan n Gobbles

Stan n Gobbles New Egg

Dec 30, 2014
    thanx

5. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

7. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you joined us.

Since it sounds like the crowing is when you are out, have you considered playing a recording of your voice or music to entertain them? Maybe they are just lonely when you are absent.

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. The only sure way to keep a rooster from crowing is to not have one. I currently have 25 hens and no roosters in my flock, and I get loads of eggs without the crowing (especially in the middle of the night), aggression, fights, biting and feather plucking, feeding of non-productive mouths, drop off in egg production, and over-breeding and battering of hens that goes along with having roosters. My hens are stress free and enjoying life without a rooster (and so am I). :eek:) The only reason you really need a rooster is to fertilize eggs for hatching, and one rooster can easily handle 10-15 hens in that regard. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your roosters.

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC and Happy Holidays!

10. CrazyChookz

CrazyChookz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2012
    Chasing Chooks
    Welcome to BYC and have a Happy New Year! [​IMG]Good luck, but like everyone else mentioned, crowing is part of a rooster's natural behaviour and there isn't an effective way (that I know of) to cure it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by