Hi~ Long time lurker, new member

HiyokoInNippon

Songster
6 Years
Apr 29, 2014
North Fulton, GA
Hi,

I have been lurking on this website for at least... two years? Whenever I have chicken questions, I inevitably end up here. I was going to make my name ひよこに日本 but for some reason you just don't like your names in Japanese! (I kid)...

Anyways, I live in Japan. Sadly, I can't have chickens in my 2nd floor apartment nor would I. Japanese standards for animal care appall me so I refuse to purchase pets here. 10 or so years from now I plan on moving back to the US (I'm an expat, did I forget to mention that?) and starting a farm.

Until then, all I can do is live vicariously though you guys and go to the exhibition farm in Nagoya to pet chickies. I know it is so bad, the chicks are all terrified, but I like to think that having one calm, mature chicken lover puts them at ease. The chickens they have there are of various breeds and the exhibition area is amazing (though the English is... interesting).

If you have any questions about Japan, Japanese things, or Japanese, I'm your girl!

Also, my name TLs to 'chick in Japan' (thought I used 'in' instead of 'ni' since it looks better typographically). Personally, I thought it was a pretty funny pun.

-HIJ

P.S.: I kept on seeing you guys talk about BOSS and being confused about why you are feeding chickens coffee until (right now) I realized it was a type of feed. Thanks Meat chicken thread.

Last edited:
Kangei to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

Kangei to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png
Huh, just looked that up on Google translate. In my 1.5+ years here, I have never heard that one... *shrug* Have you heard it in a particular context? *is always looking to expand her Japanese*

You might have realized this already but, I am ALWAYS asking questions ^^;;

images

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Yes, sometimes we have to live vicariously through others to get our fill of things in life. We are all where we are supposed to be in life.

But it is great that you could join our community and welcome you to make yourself at home here on BYC!

Back
Top Bottom