Hi...my name is Christy, but you can call me Scrooge!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Dec 6, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    *SIGH*

I generally love the holidays. Not the "christmas" sort of thing (we are atheists) but the whole friendly, happy, warm, family oriented.....you get the idea. Anyway, normally my husband gets to be here at least close enough to do the family thing. Well, we will see him in January this time. Oh well. We are broke but then isn't everyone. He just sent a text telling me he got his sister, niece, and Aunt covered. All I could think was "that could have been dinner for the next week". So I forced a smiley and a "cool" back. I put my tree up a week or so ago. Took it down yesterday. I have a clock that chimes holiday tunes on the hour. Just about ripped it off the wall a few minutes ago and trashed it. Gonnna take the batteries out before the hour changes again....just can't take it. Today was supposed to be the christmas parade here. We were going to go but it is cold and the wind is blowing and I am just NOT in the mood so we are doing family house cleaning instead ([​IMG] ). I just want to call off the whole mess and hole up here and sulk. So, I am sending a warm "BAH HUMBUG" to everyone.

Sorry, I just NEEDED that!!!!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

BAH HUMBUG [​IMG] We are broke too. And have an empty living room. Except for the tree and right now it is decorated with cats. Two of em, alive and loving it! I hope your day gets better. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ...sorry your having a crummy time!....[​IMG]...hope things get better for you!, Wendy

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks guys. Just really needed to vent. And why is it that I can't say the word vent (or see it written) without thinking of a chicken's rear??????

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Sorry your going through a bad spell right now Christy it's hard times for everyone so i know just how you feel but don't worry it will all get better [​IMG]

Sending my best wishes your way [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry to hear that. [​IMG]

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:LOL same here it shows we been on BYC to long!

8. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:Yep, you're addicted!

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Oh goodness, I think the same thing every time I see the word!!!

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I know why I love this place!!!!! I can send out a big "BAH HUMBUG" and people are still nice to me!!!!!

[​IMG]

Maybe, Mark, if you would just send me that snow you were bragging about earlier I would cheer up!!!! Snow ALWAYS improves my mood!!!! The first flake I am out dancing around like a kid! Funnny thing is, I can't handle being cold! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by