Hi my name is...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Quack House, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Quack House

Quack House Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2014
    Hi my name is Quack House, and I'm addicted to chickens.

I got my first poultry fix last year, when I purchase 5 Rouen ducks and raised them from day olds. My grand daughter asked to keep a couple chicks here and I said "Pfft ... chicks. Ok well you look after them and if they don't lay, (finger across neck) ..."

A year later ... then hens are all but sleeping in my bed. I just ordered more ...

Help.

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    There's no help for you. Or me either.
    Welcome
    Where are you located?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  3. Quack House

Quack House Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2014
    I am in Ontario, Canada ~ close to Lake Erie.

I'm waiting for my new chicks and rather concerned about starting them off. Ducks seemed easy, like small T-Rex ~ lots of life ... go getters.

I'm hoping my new chicks are as lively. I'm expecting a Black Sex Link, Red SL, NewHampshire, Plymouth Rock, and a Columbian Rock. Presently I have a Wyandotte (I think) and a white one ( ? )

I've got heat lamps and a brooding area ...

Also a lady down the road has some Heritage breeds and I kinda want a couple of those ... Australorps, Silver Spangled Hamburgs ...Wyandottes ~ but she can't sex them.

Question. I have a friend who has a Polish rooster ~ Really nice guy and she want so give him to me. My Husband does not want fertilized eggs so he won't have the Roo, but I really want him ...

My poultry free ranges.

Any advice?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by