Hi! New Chicken Mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MyBuddy, Feb 15, 2012.

1. MyBuddy

MyBuddy New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Hi guys! I am brand spankin' new to chickens and I think I have tons to learn. I currently have three, one Silkie roo (I have been told he is though I have yet to hear him crow) and two serama girls. They are all kept inside as it is rather cold here in Maryland and since we are in the city, we have tons of ferral cats. I also have two horses, two chinese cresteds, a rough collie, and a Cornish rex cat.
    Don't tell my girls, but my Silkie, named Godzilla by my 4 year old son, is my favorite! He is just the biggest cuddle bug, hope that doesn't change as he gets older. HE is currently 6 months old. My girls are named Maybell and Junebug. Junie responds to her name and comes running when I call her. She will also fly to my shoulder if I leave her. June is 4 months old and May is 6 months old.

2. Tressa27884

Tressa27884 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    East Bay, Ca.
    [​IMG] Where in Maryland are you? We've lived in Silver Spring, Baltimore, and Laurel. Now we live in California. You'll like this site a lot. Lots of good people here to help you.

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Always nice to have another silkie lover on board! Post a picture of your "boy" and will comfirm the sex. I have a 9 mth old silkie roo that is all ready breeding and has crowed that I've heard. [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

6. Silkie<3

Silkie<3 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2011
    Valley View
    Oh Yay!! welcome to Byc! and welcome to the wonderful world of chicken addiction! you might only have three now but it wont last long soon you'll be building a luxurious coop and hatching out your own chicks :) i too am a huge silkie lover :) and would love too see a picture of your boy [​IMG] oh and greetings from Texas!~

7. MyBuddy

MyBuddy New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    I live in a tiny town called Orchard Beach, but it is about 20 minutes from Baltimore. I guess the nearest city would be Pasafena though. Well, my avatar is Godzilla, But here is the picture a little bigger. He has a small bump on his head for his comb and his wattle look like shriveled rasins...[​IMG]

8. MyBuddy

MyBuddy New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Oh, and thanks for the warm welcome!!!!

9. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

10. chickenpooplady

chickenpooplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012