Hi!...New from Cincinnati

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Birdie Girl, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Birdie Girl

Birdie Girl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Hi Everyone,
    Just wanted to say hello to what looks to be a great group of people. I've referred to the site for info for the past year or so & finally joined up....it's about time! We got our 1st chickens last year & promptly fell in love & are hooked. I was distraught recently when one of our Golden Comets was clearly not well. After referring to similar forum postings, I followed the suggestions I read there (I think she had heat exhaustion) and am ecstatic that she pulled through & is doing beautifully. Couldn't have done it without you! My daughter just did her 1st Poultry show for 4-H in our county fair and came out of it with one BIG trophy and an even bigger smile. It's kind of wild how these humble birds are leading us in new directions and to meeting the coolest people [​IMG]

2. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from NJ! Glad you've joined and are enjoying your chickens. My family too have met some wonderful people because of having all of our birds both from the 4-H and from meeting BYC members.

3. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] and hello from Indiana

4. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson, AZ and [​IMG] Yes, it's about time! [​IMG]

5. Birdie Girl

Birdie Girl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Thank you for the warm welcomes! I'm really looking forward to being a part of this cool forum.

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello Birdie Girl and welcome!

So glad you have joined the website.....and that you're enjoying your chickens. I think it's great to get kids involved with 4H and farm animals.....soooo good for them and helps keep their time occupied.....

Glad you were able to get your ailing chicken well again too!

7. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    [​IMG] from ct

8. AmySue

AmySue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Hi Birdie Girl ~ Welcome from another fairly new member from the Queen City! [​IMG]

Was it the Hamilton Cty fair that your dd was in? This was our 1st year going to the fair since getting our 5 girls, and we loved checking out the chickens there. There were some real beauties. [​IMG] Congrats to both of you!

9. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Welcome to our friendly, informative and helpful Forum! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by