Hi.....new here from VA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AmazonMomma1, Sep 5, 2010.

1. AmazonMomma1

AmazonMomma1 New Egg

Sep 5, 2010
    Hi! Been raising my girls now for almost 2 years, read your posts a lot, but this is my first post. Thank ALL of you for the great information that you post on here. I have had almost every question answered by looking on this forum.
    Now for my first question: I have just inherited (6) guineas, (2) Americauna's (3) Bairds and (1) Old English.
    My Old English was a bit lethargic today, but still eating and drinking. When I went to close their coop up this evening, she had passed away. [​IMG]
    No trauma to her little body, almost as if she laid down and died.
    All of the newbies are separated from the original flock, nothing got to them, they are approximately 4 months as far as I can tell.
    Do these little chickens need something specific that I don't know? Have read everything I can find. Please let me know.
    This is the first chicken I have lost. And she was the sweetest thing I have ever had the fortune to know..........thanks in advance for all your help!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington

I don't think 4 month olds need anything special, food, water, & shelter

Imp

3. CrazyBirdLady21

CrazyBirdLady21 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2010
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from NC! I am new today as well, and I hope you enjoy this forum!

I am so sorry about your loss. [​IMG] I hope the rest of your flock turns out ok!

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] No, they don't need anything special. She was probably sick when you got her. If so, treat the others with antibiotics in the water.

5. Yessur Ebob

Yessur Ebob Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Hi.[​IMG]

Sorry about your bird. [​IMG]

6. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] and hello from Indiana

7. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson and [​IMG] Sorry about your bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by