Hi new here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mama2princesses, Jul 20, 2011.

1. mama2princesses

mama2princesses Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    I've used the site off and on for the last 8 months or so since I first got my 4 beautiful hens (Squishy, Melly, Chihuahua and CreamPuff) but finally joining the forums. I live in Vacaville, CA [​IMG] Still new to raising hens and just enjoying their company and the yummy eggs. My ladies are so sweet. They are like dogs but better LOL. They live in my backyard... totally free roaming and come running to me when they hear me get home from work.. haha... spoiled chickens lay big eggs right? hahaha. I live in the city, they already taught the catss who are boss and they have a "shelter" but they always just perch on the bench against the house under the covered patio at night instead.

hmmm I think thats about it for now. My boyfriend wants to move to Rancho Cordova which is why I was browsing the forums today and saw the messed up Sac county rules so I hopefully will be able to work something else out because no way I want to get rid of my beautiful ladies!

oh I have no idea what kinds of hens they are. They were bought by someone else for a gift for their kids and then given to me a day later because the person didnt realize the noise and smell that came with 6 hens. I took 4 and he kept 2. I discovered this site which help equip me with the knowledge of how to care for chicks. I gave him the info too but sadly he ended up just keeping his two in the cold garage and they passed away. Needless to say him and I are not even friends anymore and his neighbor called animal control and they removed his other pets from his house. I cant stand people that mistreat animals. I'm just glad I took these 4 so they are healthy and treated right!

Anyhow, I'll take a pic and post it soon... I'm on my work computer so I dont have any recent on here.

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG]

3. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    [​IMG] Hello

6. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Quote:sorry ment [​IMG]

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from a sizzling Ohio. So glad you joined. Congrats to you on giving those hens a wonderful home. [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by