Hi! New in Ga

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by afj6710, Jan 15, 2011.

1. afj6710

afj6710 Chirping

Jan 2, 2011
    My family and I just moved to an old farmhouse last summer and we are starting to get things ready to raise chickens (among other things). My hubby had chickens growing up but I am ridiculously ignorant about any and all "farm animals" so I'm trying to gather as much information as I can since I'll be the primary caretaker. We have 3 kiddos that will be helping me out as well.

So, I know that I'll ask alot of obvious, dumb questions to start, so please be patient with me. [​IMG]

Is there a "brand new, I don't have a clue what I'm doing" section of this board? [​IMG]

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. You have come to the right place for info. The only dumb questions are the ones not asked! [​IMG] We were all new at one time. [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble Premium Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. Judy

Judy Crowing Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:Several. Start with the learning center -- link at the top of the page. The coop designs section is amazing, too, even if there is already a barn or shed or something you'll use for a coop on your new property. Then go to FAQ's and look through what topics are linked -- way too much to read all those threads at first, but it will give you an idea what's there.

[​IMG]

6. Judy

Judy Crowing Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  7. John-DownEastNC

John-DownEastNC In the Brooder

Jan 11, 2011
    Beulaville, NC
    Hi from a newbie in DownEast NC! Lots of helpful folks and info to be found here.

8. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

[​IMG] from Mississippi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by