1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi, new member from north west ohio

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by spud1035, Nov 25, 2009.

1. spud1035

spud1035 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2009
    nw ohio
    Hi gang,

I've had chickens for about three years. I have one leghorn, two silver laced wyandottes, three red stars, three partridge bantam cochin hens, one partridge bantam rooster and two black east indies ducks. I'm a avid gardener, I grow some of my own feed for my clan, sunflowers, corn, comfrey, cowpeas, and broomcorn. I just love my girls and guy, great company when I'm outside. Also have one pet bunny named oreo. I'm on the edge (kinda in)of suburbia. Have two wonderful kids and a wonderful wife that isn't all the crazy but tolerates my hobby.

2. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    [​IMG] You will enjoy yourself here!

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Welcome to BYC! Does your wife get involved at all with the chickens? I ask because my DH thought I went bonkers when I mentioned I want chickens, I convinced him by telling him everything I learned on here and kept giving him updates on chickens and how cute they are, and how easy it is to keep them etc etc .......He knows they made me happy, he doesn't do anything with them, but admires them and loves hearing about what they do and all the antics they provide for our amusement. THEN we got babies last Spring......he loved the experience! Of course I took care of everything, so he didn't mind at all!

Good luck with your chicken adventure and keep showing your wife how cute they really are, then you can get more and maybe she won't mind at all!!

5. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    [​IMG] from WI!

6. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Happy Thanksgiving and Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in North Central Florida
    [​IMG]

7. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI

8. Brick243

Brick243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southeast Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

9. Evermore Ranch