Hi new member here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wallboy, May 12, 2016.

1. wallboy

wallboy Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2016
    England
    Hello everyone
    This is my first year with poultry and I can say it's going well I've had poultry in the past but after I sold my horses and my poor old jersey cow sadly past away I was left with five acres of nothing so last November I decided to upgrade my incubator ( Rcom.50 ) and set my first sitting away on Christmas day my frend sorted me out with light Sussex and gave me a trio of lavender silkies he told me to look after them as they were very special I hatched 40 out of 45 eggs that were in my incubator and last week my silkies both have been clocking one had 7 chicks following her and I don't know how many the other one has yet as I don't want to disturb her the thing I would love to know these silkies which I love to bits are they as special as my friend says wondering any can help me with that I have since bought some black silkies off my frend again as his alotment was broken into and a lot of his prize birds were stolen so he sold me 8 hens and a cock he said he would rather me get them than the theving beep beep beep haha I'm shur you can guess what he said we'll that's me love to here off some of you and I'm very keen to hear what you think about my gorgeous birds thanks all the best

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Congratulations on your great hatches [​IMG]. I'm sorry your friend has had his birds stolen.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - love to see pictures of your birds when you can post them.

4. wallboy

May 12, 2016
    England
    Well thanks to you both for the warm welcome I had a fantastic hatch both me and my little girl really enjoyed watching them hatching and also growing up they grow so fast
    And sour land
    Hello to you my frend I will be posting loads of pictures but you will have to be patient with me technology is a bit of a scary place for me taking a picture is no bother but posting it on here well that's a different thing haha

5. wallboy

May 12, 2016
    England
    [​IMG]

6. wallboy

May 12, 2016
    England
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. wallboy

May 12, 2016
    England
    Well thanks so mutch very good of you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by