Hi! New Member here!

LLee34

Chirping
Nov 10, 2016
I am new to this Blog and so happy to finally find a great chicken blog NOT on Facebook.
tongue.png

I used to raise 85 chickens for egg production but had to give them up when hubby had a stroke (that's him and his dog Tinkerbell in the picture). He's mostly recovered and my grand-kids want chickens (OK, I do too) so we now have 25 in our 5 week old flock of Ameracanas, Buff Orphingtons, Silver Laced Wyandotts and 2 Cochin Surprises. We also have 2 spotted draft horses and 2 mini donkeys. Oh, and 2 miniature dachshunds whose middle name is "velcro."
I joined this blog for 2 reasons, first to find out where to buy standard size(not bantam) silkies and frizzles, and second, to learn how to take care of them in the hot part of summer. So that's about it, nothing else to say, yet. Looking forward to hearing from y'all.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, glad your husband is doing well. I don't believe anyone in USA has large fowl silkies, UK and other regions do. USA to my knowledge are all bantams, though some stock may be larger than what is expected.

Frizzles can be almost any breed but, are common in Cochins, and there are large fowl cochins in USA as well as banties.

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I hope that you are able to find the breeds / size that you are looking for.

Best wishes
CT

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

Sorry about your DH's stroke, hope his recover is complete.

I have only BR/BO but live in GA and mine have fared well with shade, a fan and when really hot - pans of water with ice and cold treats.

WELCOME!!!!

We have a Dachshund also. He's piebald in coloring. Very cute little stinkers aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom