Hi new to any forum and chickens!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Crana, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Crana

Crana New Egg

Oct 19, 2011
    Hi I am looking for some help? I have a little pekin chicken aprox 7 months old. I have found her now five times on her back legs in the air! Thought she was sick have given one dose of antibiotic thought she might have been scared? On two previous occasions we have separated her from other four chickens and then returned her to the flock. She would be the youngest and smallest. Passing normally has been wormed. She seems depressed. I hope this has posted ok thank you for any help.

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG] from the Soggy side of Washington State.
    I am not sure whats wrong with your hen. Try posting this under Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures you should get fast info.

3. Crana

Crana New Egg

Oct 19, 2011
    Thank you for your reply this is all new to us! We love our little flock! We have two Pekins one frizzle and two silkies!! We have brought our little pekin inside!!!

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Welcome!! [​IMG]

5. Crana

Crana New Egg

Oct 19, 2011
    We are very excited to be part of the forum and have been busy reading! We are from country Queensland Australia and have a lot to learn!!

6. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Hello and welcome from Michigan! This is the site for learning...glad you joined us!!

7. Spud Chicken

Spud Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    Idaho
    [​IMG] from Idaho. Glad you joined and hope you find the answers to your questions.

8. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from Maryland!

Do you think your chicken could have been itching her back? Have you checked her for lice and mites? Mine flop over when they dustbathe and squirm around like a dog. Sometimes they just stop and lay still. The first time I saw this I thought she was having a seizure!

This is an awesome place to learn!

9. Crana

Crana New Egg

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion will look for lice. No scratching though. I have found her just lying either in the coup or on the ground. The first time I thought she had died from fright. We had just had a huge storm. Last night I found her again on her back first time and picked her up but then later she was doing the same thing. She does not seem to be able to move once she lands on her back? We have her isolated and in a warm box inside. She seems to be really tired? Any thoughts would be appreciated. We love our little girls. I wonder if she is being picked on by the others?

10. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! I agree with justbugged. You should post this in the Emergencies section for best results.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by