Hi! New to BYC and duck, which leads to my question...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by alstx0429, Oct 30, 2016.

1. alstx0429

alstx0429 Just Hatched

Hello everyone, some of this post is a repeat from my post from the intro forums so please forgive me if you've heard this before. :)

I'm new to ducks and chickens. I have 6 chickens that are quite entertaining. I love my girls! They aren't quite clucking yet but their peeps are getting less and less.

Now to my duckies..I love them too! They are equally as entertaining though not as into being loved on. lol I got them at 3 days old from Metzer Farms. Their little peeps arrived in my life on Sept. 1st. I have 2 WH's, 2 Rouen's, a Black Swedish and a Blue Swedish. Not sure what their sex is, I thought I ended up with 3 and 3 but now I'm not sure! I love them all anyway!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You guys have given me more advice in the last few months...you have no idea! I was clueless on ducks and chickens a few months ago! I'm not expert by any stretch, but I know if I have a question I can find my answer in these forums.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] , and your question is ?

3. Bills vs Beaks

Bills vs Beaks Overrun With Chickens

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    Were you asking what sex your ducks are?

4. alstx0429

alstx0429 Just Hatched

I'm not sure what their sex is, could I get some help identifying? Sorry, I didn't make that clear above other than stating I didn't know what sex they were.

5. Bills vs Beaks

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    Welsh look like girls, not sure about the others. Anyone quacking yet?

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Bill color on the Rouens makes me lean towards drakes.

7. alstx0429

alstx0429 Just Hatched

The Blue Swedish is the only one quacking at the moment. The Black Swede just started getting their feathers! They were hatched on 8/29 so I would say that makes them 10 weeks old. The only thing that can happen is that I have to do some name changing. :)

8. Bills vs Beaks

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    I guessed so but I wasn't really sure coz I don't have rouens.

Your blue Swedish is a girl

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  9. AnjKar n Ducks

AnjKar n Ducks Chillin' With My Peeps

The Rouen look like females to me

10. alstx0429

alstx0429 Just Hatched

Thank you everyone for your input. Worst case is I have 1 female and 5 males (which I know I will need to get more females asap), but I guess I have to wait a few more weeks to see if any others start to quack or notice any other changes. George (the blue swede) is now Georgie!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by