Hi! New to Chickens, and looking for some Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kathys Chickens, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Kathys Chickens

Kathys Chickens New Egg

Oct 8, 2012
    Hi I'm Kathy and I'm new to chickens. I'm loving every minute of them. I just got my first couple of chickens a couple of weeks ago. But I'm looking to add a couple more chickens to my flock. Either young hens that just started laying or will be laying very soon, or less then a year old. I love the red stars, buff sexlinks, golden sexlinks, buff orpingtons, RIReds, leghorns, any type that are great egg producers of large, exlarge brown eggs, or dark brown eggs. I'm in Maryland near Frederick but willing to travel some. I hope I put this in the right section if not I'm very sorry.
    Thanks so much,
    Kathy

2. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! Try posting here: MARYLAND THREAD! Hope someone can help you :)

3. Bingfajardo

Bingfajardo New Egg

Oct 8, 2012
    hi, i'm new here. just joined in to learn more about backyard chicken raising. i have been raising free range layer chickens for two years now and i am enjoying freshly laid eggs daily with darker colored yolks than those bought in grocery stores.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Kathy, and welcome to BYC!!! Happy you joined our flock. Best of luck find the birds you desire!!

5. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Hello Kathy! Welcome to BYC from Kentucky! Those are some very nice breeds and cross breeds you mentioned. If you want some very dark chocolate brown eggs you might consider the Marans breed. They are some beautiful chickens too.

[​IMG]

6. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Hi Bingfajardo. Welcome to BYC! You might want to start your own thread in the New Members Introductions so no one will miss it. Glad you joined. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Chickie-chan

Chickie-chan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2012
    Hi!!

8. Big A Chickens

Big A Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
    Hi and [​IMG] So glad you joined us!!![​IMG]

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member