HI new to forum .. desperate for some advice

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by geriwales, May 4, 2011.

1. geriwales

geriwales New Egg

May 4, 2011
    got 4 beautiful ducklings.. that are approx. 2.5 months old... we have raised them from 3 weeks... they seem very happy grown at an extrodinary rate... but just noticed one jhas extremely red eyes surrounding area and 3 of them have bright red rim around beeks is this normal?.. they are all eating and drinking and swimming well... one is a little out of the group and they all live outside... any advice would bee so welcome... and for some reason they have stopped being interative with us as a family..... and run away dont come when called

2. Batty about Banties

Batty about Banties Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Gorge
    what type of ducklings? Pictures would help and [​IMG]

3. geriwales

geriwales New Egg

May 4, 2011
    ohh shoot its difficult to get a pic this time of night... but they full white with one or 2 black spots on head... bought in belgium at local market if that helps

4. geriwales

geriwales New Egg

May 4, 2011
    it looks like pikin ducks.. from pics on web

5. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Are they muscovies? they grow things called caruncles around the eyes, males get bigger ones, and they get bigger as they age.

6. geriwales

geriwales New Egg

May 4, 2011
    ohh wow that could be it ... thank you so much

7. geriwales

geriwales New Egg

May 4, 2011
    argh only problem is i thought ours was runner ducks as they have tiny wings compared to body size.. the pics look like they have big wings...unless wings grow later?

8. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    do they quack? or just make a hissing sound. scovies do not quack. And at 2.5 months, they should be much bigger than runner ducks.

9. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] from NY

10. geriwales

geriwales New Egg

May 4, 2011
    hi managed to get pics wonder if this helps to species and problems managed to upload it to site but dont know how to paste it to here sorry so bare with me lol this may take some time
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by