Hi! New to group and soon to be new chicken owner

Welcome to BYC.
frow.gif

I live in Colton, Oregon and new to raising chickens. We had fryers when I was a kid and I have "sat" chickens for friends before. I am expecting my chicks around the 19th of February. I have 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Australorp and 2 Austra White coming!
I plan to brood my chicks in the garage with a cardboard pen and heat lamp to start out. I have a rabbit hutch and large dog run that I am converting to house my girls when they are large enough to move outside. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Hi and Welcome to BYC from Florida!!!
Have you checked out the learning tabs on the home page? They have a TON of helpful info for new chicken keepers! Does your kennel have a cover over it? (For when they move outside...they grow fast lol) If it doesn't you might consider one (to deter predators) or at least a covered area they can go under to get out of the weather.

Hello and welcome. I am pretty new too, but a long time follower. I have been able to find help and support on about every thing, big or small. New to chickens this year and a natural worrier, so this forum is my daily go-to.

Thank you, I am going to put a cover on the kennel for my chickens. I don't want them to become a meal for another critter. :) So excited I get my babies tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom