Hi New to this

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sealteam1234, Nov 27, 2013.

1. sealteam1234

sealteam1234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2013
    Well I caught some kind of rooster next door in tree in my town. And got plans from web site and built a coop
    Can any one tell me what type of chicken he is.
    [​IMG]

2. sealteam1234

Nov 27, 2013
    Well getting all types of tips and ideals. And think I have ideal for a pat.

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  4. texgardengal

texgardengal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    Hi from Texas!! Wow, you did a great job, your coop looks nice! I'm new to raising chickens so I cant be of any help in identification but he is very pretty. Good luck to you! I started the very same way. I rescued 2 roosters who were about to be on the chopping block. I had no hens at all for several months. I LOVE my roosters, they make wonderful pets. Be careful, it's addictive. I have the 2 roosters and 2 hens now and one is hatching chicks....

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - are you certain that you have a rooster? Is the bird crowing?

6. sealteam1234

Nov 27, 2013
    Well ,
    Thank you for the reply. And thank you for the welcome.
    well I just retired out the navy, and have 4 Germany rotts that served with me. So I and my wife thought that it be the extend of it all. But I guess on of the local kids in town bought these chickens up the road. And this one live in a brush across the street. And it was so neat to be up(which my day starts at 3 am) Hard habit to break. And I hear this chicken( which I was corrected many times, that its a rooster ) And I knew it was getting winter and didn't think it last living in the brush that was becoming bare. So I started my on line search of how to build a pen. Its not my own design. But it is hand made. So I built it. The hard part was catching the rooster that I was feeding for two weeks to earn its trust.(Trust and rooster don't fit in same sentence lol l). But I had paid some local kids to help me try and catch it. First day no luck.(dam they are fast). The second day was the same after another 5 hour chase. But I went to a farmer out the road a piece. and he said. give it a place to hide. So I leaned a full sheet of press board and place a net at the one end. Bingo. the farmer was right. He ran in there. And we got him.
    so he has a home and a nice one at that.
    But I want to thank everyone for the welcomes and the tips and things I read and saw. I am building a watering device now :).
    Till The next time. aka SEAL

7. texgardengal

texgardengal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    Haaaaahahaha Too funny. [​IMG] That would have been great to watch.. You guys trying to catch that rooster. Well, he has a good home now. Job well done.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] and thank you for your years in service. Enjoyed your rooster story he's very lucky you took him in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by