Hi.Newbie here. Can anyone tell me the sex of my polish chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by vic1216, Nov 7, 2013.

1. vic1216

vic1216 New Egg

Nov 7, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Hi. This is my polish chick who is 9 weeks old tomorrow.Can anyone tell me if it is a boy or girl? Thanks in advance

2. Aaisha

Aaisha Chillin' With My Peeps

could you get a close up pic of its comb, a great side shot as well would help. but looking at this pic seems a girl.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    looks like a pullet

4. vic1216

vic1216 New Egg

Nov 7, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for your replies.Are these pics any help?

5. Aaisha

sure they are, look like a pullet so far, but keep looking for signs of boy feathers.

6. vic1216

vic1216 New Egg

Nov 7, 2013
    Thank you for your help. When would boy feathers be coming through? Thanks in advance

7. Aaisha

hmm thats a tough question, depends on the breed, usually boy signs are a big comb at early age, a pinish comb, thik and big eet, and mles will have a stance standing tall, sticking out their chest sometimes, two roosters kept together will be flring their hackle feathers nd fighting all the time, thats a few signs. and also they willb be color ful, and will shine . pointy heckle afethers n saddle feathers should be coming in at around 1 and a half month to 2 months i guess, but i m no expert.

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Saddle feathers can be noted around 12 weeks. Spread the feathers at the base of the tail and look for something skinny and shiny coming in.

[​IMG]
    The crest looks female to me, but it's an awkward angle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by