Hi, Newbie here

Merrymouse

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Hello, Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I don't even have chickens yet but I'm doing my homework before I do get them. I have a feeling this website will become invaluable. I'm looking to learn everything from the ground up and am open to all the members expert advice. A little about myself, I live in New England, love animals, looking to keep chickens as a hobby and of course for fresh eggs. Going to attempt building my own coop, we'll see how that goes. Have one sort of reluctant spouse, and three older teen children, two of which said they will only help me if I get Silkies :) Oh, brother :) Looking forward to reading and getting to know folks. Thanks

welcome-byc.gif
I am glad you joined us!

welcome-byc.gif

If you haven't already done so, check out the Learning Center...there are articles there that can help you get started off on the right foot. It sounds like you're going to have lots of input when you start your poultry-keeping, lol.

Have fun and make yourself at home here!

G’Day from down under Merrymouse
frow.gif
Welcome!

Best wishes with your venture. There are some great coop ideas here if you do not already have any: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

I was trying to reply Thank you individually but still figuring how all this stuff works, anyway Thanks all for the welcome! Is it bad that I was slightly annoyed I had another commitment today and couldn't spend my day researching all things chicken? I think I may already be addicted ;) So much good info here and Im going to dive in now.

Back
Top Bottom