Hi, nice to meet ya! Please critique my "mini farm" design pic

stephd

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 14, 2011
Hello! I'm new the forum
smile.png
I'm a 20-something living in Florida with my husband and golden retriever working on a plan to become nearly self-sustaining over the next year or two. We have a good-sized vegetable/herb garden and several citrus trees right now on a little over 1/2 acre, but we would like our next expansion to be for meat, eggs, and milk. So, the plan is to raise rabbits (meat, and also might craft with the fur), quail (eggs/meat), and a couple of goats (milk). I used AutoCAD to design my "mini farm" (AutoCAD is an awesome tool for landscape planning!). It includes a shed for the quail rearing, goat milking, and goat shelter, an attached fenced in goat yard, and animal cages around the outside for quail and rabbits. I will be using the manures for compost as well. Please let me know what you think of my design - this is all very new to me! I appreciate your input
cool.png

minifarmplan.jpg

I noticed I forgot to label a couple of things...the individual rabbit cages are 2.5'x3'. The quail cages are 3'x5' each.

Also, I plan on keeping coturnix quail, Champagne D'Argent rabbits (if I can find a local breeder!), and two Dwarf Nigerian female goats.

Last edited:
i love it!!
when can you start building it for me all though you for got my turkey and duck housing.. hahaha
no it looks very well thought out.. what i dont understand is why you have all the (same) animals spread out why not keep them together?
never mind its late i looked at it again and i thought the buck cages said something else hahaha yes it looks very good.

Last edited:
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
from California

I think you need to test that all out by coming out here and building it for me.

Not only nice, but worth stealing ideas!

Looks amazing to me

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom