Hi! Nice to meet you! ( =^_^=)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cynthia 085, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Cynthia 085

Cynthia 085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2014
    CO
    Hello my name is Cynthia and I am a new Backyard Chicken owner.

Recently in my city they have allowed chickens.

It all started out with someone giving us some chicks; at first I did not like them. I though they would only be trouble.

Soon, however, I found out that they are really cool pets to have. They are giant enjoyable birds that like to be held and like to follow you around (*_*)

We have them free roaming the yard. We have no dogs or cats or anything so the yard is all theirs.

Here are some pictures of our chicks and chickens:
    P.I.D
    [​IMG]
    Stuewie
    [​IMG]
    Pinguis
    [​IMG]
    Pear
    [​IMG]
    Hankie
    [​IMG]
    Turd lol This dude likes to eat poo! :D
    [​IMG]
    B
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Welcome to BYC! I hope you will learn from all of us and enjoy your new hobby! What breed is the little black and white mottled guy? Very cute!

1 person likes this.
  3. Cynthia 085

May 4, 2014
    CO
    Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

I am learning so much from you guys. Thank you very much! You have no clue how cool this webpage is and how nice people here are. You guys are willing to help me every step of the way!

The last one? B?
    I think this little one is a simple gray silkie :)

Or do you mean Pinguis? She is an Ancona. Flighty chicken, but very lovable.

4. mmmeyer

mmmeyer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2014
    south jersey
    WELCOME TO BYC[​IMG]

the little fuzzy one's cute.

1 person likes this.
  5. Cynthia 085

May 4, 2014
    CO
    I just saw this so I will go ahead and post this :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    Yes completely new to chickens and I just got them this April the first ones :)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 7

(3) What breeds do you have?

Ancona: Pinguis

Buff Rock: P.I.D

RRP: Stuwie

Silkies: Hankie, Turd, B, and a sizzle: Pear.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? First thing that came up on Google while doing some chicken research.

6. Cynthia 085

May 4, 2014
    CO
    Thank you mmmeyer (o^_^)

7. Cynthia 085

May 4, 2014
    CO
    (5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I like fish. I love fish. Here are some pictures of my fish:
    Flame Female Oscar! She eats Brazilian Roaches...Yum
    [​IMG]
    Lungue the Betta in his simple planted tank
    [​IMG]
    Googlers in her 55 gallon tank
    [​IMG]

My aquatic Snail Moquita
    [​IMG]
    I love Reptiles and have one too!
    Tugis the Russian Tortoise!
    [​IMG]

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Well I am an educator. I am taking a break from all that though and I am enjoying my pets; something I never got to.
    I play the guitar and like to learn all kinds of different music from rock to country music :)

My family consists of 4 people. My two bothers and parents. I was not born here; I am originally from Mexico and came here at an early age. The rest of my family was left behind in Mexico. I can hardly recall them. The change in cultures was harsh, but I am very grateful for what I have and what I have accomplished and what I will accomplish in the future.

ummm...I don't know what to say....I like chickens now too...lol

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a beautiful flock of birds, and I'm sure you will get many hours of pleasure from them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

1 person likes this.
  9. Cynthia 085

May 4, 2014
    CO
    Thanks will take your offer up! I have so much to learn!

10. mmmeyer

mmmeyer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2014
    south jersey
    Lets see....I have 13 chickens, 3 quineas, 2 outside cats, 3 inside cats, 1 dog.

I've been doing the chicken thing for about 10 years. Having anywhere from 3- 15 chickens at any given time. Early this year something got into the coop and killed 8 chicken and left one injuried. She has recovered and I have her in a reinforced coop with my one roo. The 11 others are all new this year and are in the new coop and run that I finished...well almost finished coop and run.
    Breeds are orph's of varing color. americans, california whites.. rhode Island reds. buff rock

Found BYC while looking for answers to a chicken question a couple of years ago.

other hobbies....Anything in the arts. drawing painting scuplting, any craft, sewing, working in yard. reading, you name it I've probably done it.

And yes I've had fish before too. But not at the moment. The only reptiles are the wild box turtles, toads and snakes on the property.

I'm work for an oil company ( oiland gas) it pays the bills. My family is spread out from the east coast to the pacific and beyond. I live with an elderly uncle, who is his own person what can I say he's uncle bill.
    You keep family in your heart so no matter how long its been, no matter where they are, they will always be with you.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by